Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Food Inc.

I found Food Inc. to be rather disturbing. I had no clue what our food industry has become. The fact that only four companies control where we get our meat from is ridiculous. I had never watched the film before, so I didn't really know what to expect. I knew a little about what it was about, but had no clue what was in store for me.

It upsets me the way the used for this industry are treated. Standing in their own feces their whole lives in over-crowded pins. It's ridiculous that animals can be treated so inhumanely. My grandpa owns a 500 acre farm, so I have grown up with animals. My grandpa's animals have always roamed his land. They keep his land healthy. They keep the grass from getting overgrown and they keep it fertilized.

The big business attitude and farming don't mix. The food industries need an overhaul. They can't keep doing what they are doing. It's not just the inhumane treatment of animals, but the way they treat their customers. They don't care if we get sick from the contaminated meat they give us, as long as they get that paycheck. It's disgusting. We as a nation need to stand up and fight back. When I buy meat I expect it to be meat. Is that too much to ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment